Friday, October 25, 2019

My 2019 Fids and Kamily Awards

The 2019 (and final) Fids and Kamily Awards have been released. I was privileged to be a judge for most of the run. It ends a 13 (or 14) year run for the awards, which were not as prestigious as Parents Choice or other "major" plaudits, but still appreciated by musicians.

To be considered for MY voting, the artist had to either contact and send me the material directly (via CD or digital download) or through a PR person. Interestingly, Josh Lovelace (who came in second) contacted me directly about his first children's music release. For GROWING UP, he went through a PR person (which I'm sure was more expedient for him). Also, my sons each selected three of their favorites on my semi-final list of 20 releases. I did weigh their considerations into my voting.

Here is my top 10 ballot:

1. Growing Up – Josh Lovelace
2. Buenos Diaz – the Lucky Band
3. Building Blocks – Tim Kubart
4. Alegria! – Sonia de los Santos
5. Office Hours – Jack Forman
6. Under the Big Umbrella – Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could
7. Go For the Moon – Andrew and Polly
8. What Do You Wish – Lori Henriques
9. Winterland – Okee Dokee Brothers
10. Ageless – Jon Samson

Bubbling under (in no particular order):

The Love – Alphabet Rockers
Flying High – Caspar Babypants
Backstroke Raptor – Story Pirates
Lucky Foot and Sunny Moon – Ratboy Jr.
Inside I Shine – Danny Weinkauf/Red Pants Band

No comments: