Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Contrarian (New Podcast)

There are people who meet all their friends in grade school.

There are people who meet all their friends in high school.

There are people who meet all their friends in college.

I moved between grade school and high school and had to make a whole new group of friends.

When I went to college, I held onto those (mostly younger) friends for another year or two, until they started to head off to out of state colleges. Then I began to make a whole other set of friends.

When you’re in college, you’d like to think that “these are the people I’m going to be friends with forever.”

Of course, nobody stays the same. So those people grow and hopefully evolve, as you do the same.

And their opinions and personalities grow and evolve as well. And sometimes, that means you won’t be friends anymore.

And sometimes you become friends with people that you almost know that, at some point, you won’t be friends with them anymore.

This week, the story of one of those friendships.

As well as another Cohen/Aubrey comedy bit, “The All-Commercial Cable Channel.” It’s from the advent of cable television and once again, we were ahead of the curve.

The cat cast will be next week! I vow to get those cats off my property and into a podcast!


No comments: